Friday, May 25, 2012

stumped

The School Board let Zach off at the 30 day mark and sent him back to his referring school, against my recommendation. He has done something bad every day he has been back, but they have not written him up because he changed after several warnings. Fine. But today, after school, he tried to steal someone's scooter. When his teacher caught him trying to leave with it, he threw it down, claimed he wasn't doing anything wrong, and proceeded to struggle with her, the principal and the office personnel. They tried to get me in time, but I was in a meeting. They sent him home and are going to deal with it on Tuesday.

All he had to do was make it two and a half more days. That's all he has left of school before summer. He isn't remorseful at all. He said he would do it again. He just wanted to take it. I have no recourse left. I have tried everything. Somewhere in that boy is a child who wants to be good and sweet and kind, but I cannot get him to come out.

I am so sad for him today. I just do not know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment