Sunday, August 12, 2012

Trust

Should you always give someone the benefit of the doubt even if he/she has lied often in the past?

I say yes, but I am frequently called naive. I suppose I am an idealist in that I believe that people change and grow throughout their lives, allowing for second, third and even fourth chances.

If not given the opportunity to change or grow, people feel defeated or stuck.

If someone lies to someone he/she has a relationship with then there is a disconnect there. Either the connection needs to be rebuilt, if possible, or the connection was never there.

This connection can apply to parents and children, husbands and wives, or best friends since high school. Knowing when enough is enough is the key. Still, being honest is hard when your heart just isn't in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment