Friday, October 26, 2012

Aspergers Girl

Screw being like everyone else. That's boring! It was never ME; it was HIM. At every turn he wanted me to be a different person, one that fit into his little perfect Brainiac box. That's what he called me, Brainiac. Sorry, Charlie, but I do not fit into any box. My Aspergers-self cannot be changed. It is one of my many endearing qualities. Plus, Charles was too needy and controlling for me. I don't want to have to change all of me to be with someone. I am willing to grow with someone, to change as our relationship develops, but I am not going to jump through hoops in order to have a man love me. Just not going to happen. I have been with my real perfect match, although not ideal or in the right moment, but still a man who loved me for who I am, all of me. I have to keep that in mind, always.

I am a "GREAT woman. I should not change for anyone." I will heed that advice.

Still. It felt so great to tell Charles what I really thought of his lying, manipulative ass. He was not stimulated by my intelligence but intimidated by it. It took me a while to see it. I do not hold any ill-will towards him. I hope he and very needy Cheri are happy together, that they find some third woman to fit into their dysfunctional relationship.

For me, I am going to take a dating hiatus, buy a house, grow some roots, and try to convince Zach to stop behaving like a moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment