Saturday, October 6, 2012

Be more like everyone else

I may just be the most selfish person on the planet. So the perfect match, who was just that perfect, did not find my distrusting nature so perfect, so he has moved on. I asked to be friends, and he acquiesced, but I now realize that it was out of guilt. He does not have time for me really. He also has bucket loads of friends.

It seems that I have created a life where I have very few friends. Not that I am unfriendly or anything, but I tend to push people away, as I have said before. I am kinda the female counterpart to Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, as I was recently told. This is not an untrue statement. I do not always get humor or sarcasm, although I have been told I am very sarcastic. I think it just comes out that way, seriously, and people assume that I am trying to be that way.

I think I will work on being less logical and more effusive in my manner. I know I can play the part. I do not need to have input. I do not need to show my intelligence or share my knowledge. I think that if I just sat by, looked pretty, and laughed accordingly, then I would be more in tune with the rest of society. Maybe I will restrict my rants and discussions to this blog, an outlet for my intellect, and behave differently in my life. I can have an alter ego that way. Be more like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment