Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sweet dreams to the universe

Great Universe by Antifan-real
Ever have one of those days when you wake up and for some reason you know that everything you ever wanted in life will be yours at some  point and that you just have to remain patient? I had one of those mornings.

I am not perfect by any means, as you all know, but I do try to make good decisions. Even when I make a mistake, which is usually due to following my heart instead of my brain, I feel deep down that somehow all will be right one day. I cannot conceive how so much has changed in my life without there being some grand plan for my life, and this morning my brain whispered to my heart that at some point all would be as it should be - whatever that means exactly. I like days like today, days that make living worthwhile.

I am reading a book by Stephen Hawking The Universe in a Nutshell, and honestly, I love it. There is so much out there that we do not understand, and yet, every day we get up, go to work, interact with other humans, walk our dogs, pay our bills, do homework with our kids, and somehow try to figure out how we all fit into a bigger picture. The universe is a vast chasm where so much is a giant question mark. I like question marks. The curve above the period - the journey before the full stop. What "can be" is so much more interesting to me than "what has already been." Yes, I learn from the past absolutely, but I do not allow my past or current situations to negatively impact my "what ifs."

I once thought "what ifs" were melancholy, but after a great hopeful morning, I believe in the "what ifs" with all of my heart. Sweet dreams to the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment