Friday, August 31, 2012

playing catch up

I made it through the first week of school in Texas and the second week in Arizona! My students say I am the best. I think it is just the excitement of getting back into the classroom after being completely online for so long.

I have so many irons in the fire right now. Getting all my paperwork together in order to transfer my PhD to UTD. Plugging along on the book. I keep trying to set aside at least a couple of hours for writing every day (usually after midnight), but when I look at what I have written in the morning, I think I may be writing in my sleep! Plus, I am bound and determined to open my coffeehouse. A space opened near me that also has a vacant space right next to it. There have been at least two failed coffee spots there previously, but I think it is because the coffee was so-so, and the staff were less than friendly. We shall see.

Then there is my latest foray into the dating world. I do not feel like dating, nor do I have the time, but I really have no one above the age of 10 years old to hang out with at the moment, so I am friending - I guess. I get alerts all the time now. I got one this morning, my perfect match, Texas68. He has on a black cowboy hat, jeans, boots, and a sweet smile. Plus his adorable dog is in the picture too. Most of the "matches" I receive are in this image, and I did not specify what I like. Spooky really. Always wanted a cowboy or guy who looked like he actually worked for a living. Don't get me wrong; I get chat requests from all types. I just can't stop comparing all these men, well, comparing them to what I know my ideal man is, and they all far short. Still, looks like another date or two for the weekend. I hope we do something different. I need some kind of exploration, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment