Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Zoosking we will go!

Back on Zoosk in earnest this time. I want to have some fun, meet some people, go out, laugh! Since returning to Zoosk I have become very popular again. (That's a rating on Zoosk.) I am just so cautious, but not. I cannot explain it. Old guys who sound cocky and somewhat sarcastic - too much like Charles - so out. One man asked to chat with me, stating "I am not intimidated by your intelligence or vast experiences." A) If you have to say it, then it does actually bother you somewhere deep down, and B) I just went through one of those older-guy-thinks-he-likes-smart-girls-but-just-not-smarter-than-he-is relationships with Charles. I just want a normal guy, with a normal job, who doesn't even bring up my brain. A guy whose face lights up when he sees me, a guy who texts me during the day just to say he is thinking of me, a guy who won't make unfounded judgments about me.

I know that sounds extreme, but I already get the guys who are afraid to say something incorrect grammar-wise once they read I am an English Professor. Sigh. It seems dating is just that difficult.

I realized today while talking to Sarah, that I have never actually dated. I mean I started dating, but then just kept on dating that same person for a very long time, until I knew I was not in love with him, and left. It was usually mutual to some degree. Then the next would follow some time later and well, repeat steps one and two. I never dated more than one person at a time, ever.

I do not know why exactly. I do not know if I can really, but I am going to give it a try. I will be honest with every guy if there is a date two. I do not want any hurt feelings or misunderstandings. I am fairly certain I will not find someone who I will click with instantly, and well, that has not worked that well for me so far in the past anyways, that instant connection, so I will just have to wait and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment