Thursday, November 15, 2012

my internal metronome

The year has passed so quickly. There is this guy down the street who does a brilliant Christmas light installation. If you tune into a specific radio station, you can hear music he has timed to his display. It is really quite spectacular!

I drove by yesterday and was shocked that he already had it installed in his front yard. I did not even notice him building it. I thought to myself is it that time already? How the time has moved. My beautiful, talented sister Sarah said to me, Time really does pass fast when there is so much struggle involved. I think she is correct. The last year has been a difficult year for so many reasons, yet it has also been are year of blessings.

I cannot think of a time in my life with more roller coaster ups and down, turns and twists ever. I do not think I would change a thing, except maybe the illness, but even then, it helped to build character, strengthen my faith, and open up a new world of possibilities.

I know I am embarking on some new challenges, but I also realize that life is just one, giant, never-ending challenge. I like challenges. I like the unpredictability of life because it offsets my internal metronome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment