Friday, November 16, 2012

no clue

I am at the end of  my rope where Zachary is concerned. Yesterday, because his conduct for the six weeks warranted an 'N' in conduct, he was given an alternate assignment. It was creative and fun in the right hands. Zachary decided that he was going to tell the coach and everyone to F' off, draw a frowning stick figure and verbally abrade the coach and every teacher, counselor and student along the way to the principal's office.

Then today, being assigned in school suspension, Zachary again refused to leave the classroom or walk into the ISS room. He told the Assistant Principal to "get her hands of of him," and proceeded to state that the coach should be in ISS, as well as a few other choice words. The Assistant Principal stated that he gets this smirk when he knows he has "pushed the right buttons." We have all seen that slightly creepy smirk. He does not care about what he has done. He does not care about others. He just does not care.

I CANNOT MAKE HIM CARE!

Someone I love and trust said to me that I should cut my losses and stop slamming my head on the pavement. Not terrible advice, but I just cannot abandon a small boy. I am not sure how long I can hang in there. Hopefully Zachary will catch on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment